Dear Arizona artists,
Artlink works to connect artists of all disciplines, arts venues, arts supporting businesses and advocates in an effort to strengthen and promote the arts community and economy. You are the most important part of this process. Thank you for your continued engagement and contributions to Arizona's growing creative culture.
Visit artlinkphx.org to sign up for the Artlink newsletter or connect socially on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Carmody Foundation is now accepting applications from Arizona-based artists for the seventh cycle of its grant program to support the work of 10 artists with the Art for Good grants. The deadline to submit is Thursday, June 1, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. (local Arizona time).
In 2017, Tom and Laurie Carmody established The Carmody Foundation to expand the quality of life for families through access to affordable housing, extend health services to women for reproductive care and victims of violence, and elevate awareness of school-aged children of careers in trade services.
The Art for Good Program was developed in support of these philanthropic initiatives and in recognition of requests artists receive to contribute artworks in support of nonprofits' fundraising efforts. The program demonstrates how artists and the private sector can work together to improve and impact lives in our community. Read more about The Carmody Foundation here.
The Carmody Foundation is pleased to invite Arizona artists to apply for the 7th Annual Art for Good Grant Project.
Ten (10) grants of $1000 will be awarded to ten (10) artists selected by a jury panel to produce a new, original piece of art. The original works of art that these 10 artists produce will be donated to various nonprofit organizations to be auctioned, in further support of their fundraising efforts to provide much-needed services to the community.
Partner nonprofit organizations are selected from among those currently supported by The Carmody Foundation and may include the following:
- Sojourner Center
- Maggie's Place
- Free Arts of Arizona for Abused Children
- Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC De Colores)
- Community Bridges of AZ
- Hope Women's Center of Phoenix
- Hope's Crossing
- Native American Connections
- Boys and Girls Clubs of AZ
- The AZ Partnership for Immunization (TAPI)
Art for Good Reception: Selected artists will be invited to a reception to meet representatives of the nonprofit organizations supported by the grant program. The works created for the program will be on view in an exhibition hosted by Sisao Gallery, located on Historic Grand Avenue in downtown Phoenix. Selected artists will be invited to this opening reception on First Friday, November 3, 2023.
SUBMISSION AND GRANT DETAILS
- As part of the submission, artists are asked to provide a rough concept of the artwork to be produced if selected.
- Provide up to 3 images of past work as examples
- Provide a rough description/sketch of the concept for the proposed work.
- Each artist recipient will receive a $1,000 grant. The initial payment of $250 will be given during a meet and greet reception with the various nonprofits in August (date to be determined)
- All artwork must be completed and delivered to Sisao Gallery on or before October 15, 2023.
- A group show for the grant recipients will be in Sisao Gallery for the month of November 2023.
- For the group show, all pieces created for the Grant will be on display. These pieces would not be for sale as they are to be donated to the charities listed above.
- Artists who are selected will have the option to show one or two additional pieces, along with their Grant piece, for an opportunity to generate additional revenue through potential sales.
- Final distribution of the awards ($750) will be presented at the opening reception of the group show at Sisao Gallery on First Friday, November 3, 2023. (artists are recommended to be present for the awards ceremony. However, if that is not possible, arrangements can be made)
Criteria: The Carmody Foundation advocates for the arts, education, health care, entrepreneurs, and fair housing. The selected artists will include those whose work addresses, exemplifies, and/or examines these themes.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to artists who live and work in Arizona with the ability to produce exemplary art. Artists must be over the age of 18 and be pre-registered as an Artlink Articipant. Find the registration form on artlinkphx.org (Articipant fees are optional).
- Submission deadline: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 5:00 pm (local Arizona time)
- Artists notified: Week of July 17, 2023
- Artists & Nonprofit Reception: August, 2023 (date TBD)
- Delivery of artwork: By Saturday, October 15, 2023 (specific times TBD based on all parties' availability)
- Exhibition Opening reception: Friday, November 3, 2023 (First Friday), 6 to 10 pm
*Timeline subject to change
Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered. Artists will be notified by email.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
NOTE: Submissions are received through this Submittable platform. Please create an account or sign in below.