Artlink Inc. is now accepting entries for the 19th Annual Juried Exhibition presented by True North Studio, featuring the works of professional artists residing in the state of Arizona.
The exhibition is hosted by Park Central and DPR Construction, and will take place at the newly renovated Park Central from February 7 - 9, 2019. The schedule coincides with a series of Arizona arts and culture events:
Thursday, Feb 7: Juried Exhibition Opening Reception
Friday, Feb 8: AZ Governor's Arts Awards Finalists Reception, hosted by Arizona Citizens for the Arts
Saturday, Feb 9: To be announced
Park Central is partnering with Artlink Inc. in spearheading the development of an Arts and Culture Plan by engaging key stakeholders and connecting with relevant arts and culture assets of this community.
Submitted artwork will be reviewed by a panel of esteemed members of the Phoenix arts community. Past juried panelists include:
- 2016- Ann Marshall, Fred Tieken, Nancy Hill
- 2015- Bentley Calverly, Dana M Tepper, John Tuomisto-Bell
- 2014- Jim Ballinger, Louise Roman, Randy Slack
- 2013- Gordon Knox, Robrt Pela, Angela Ellsworth
- 2012- Tim Rodgers, Adriene Jenik, Cory Weeks
Three winners of the many pieces in the 2019 Exhibition will receive cash awards, including a first place acquisition prize funded by True North Studio.
- The first place award of $5,000 will be given to a jury-selected artist for an original work. The winning artwork will be on public display as part of True North Studio's permanent collection.
- The first runner-up will receive $1,500.
- The second runner-up will receive $750.
SUBMISSION DETAILS All selected artists will be eligible for awards. A variety of artworks are welcome for submission, including: oil, watercolor, acrylic, graphite, charcoal, pastels, photography, ceramics, printmaking, textile, mixed media, new genre, performance, video, and sculpture/three dimensional pieces.
The online submission deadline is January 2, 2019, by midnight. Participants who have exhibited in the past are permitted to submit but may not submit a piece included in any previous Artlink Juried Exhibition. NOTE: By submitting artwork for consideration, the artist agrees to the following:
- All artists selected for the Juried Exhibition will be eligible for awards. Only works that are for sale will be considered for the first place award.
- The artist agrees that they will deliver their selected artwork to Park Central for installation on Wednesday, February 6, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Artist agrees to pick-up selected works from Park Central on Sunday, February 10.
Submission Checklist: Please follow ALL guidelines and complete the entire submission form. Submissions that are either incomplete or do not follow provided guidelines will not be accepted.
- All artists must be registered as an Artlink Articipant before submitting an application.
- This form is for Artlink All Access Artist Articipants (paid level), Student Articipants (discounted paid level) and Artlink volunteers, all of whom are exempt from the application fee.
- If you are not a registered Artlink Articipant, click here to register.
- If you are an A la Carte Articipant (free level), click here to use the appropriate submission form (fees will apply).
2. You may submit up to (three) 3 artwork images in .jpg format with a minimum 72 dpi per image. No greater than 6 inches on the largest size. Selected artists will be asked to provide a high resolution image for publication. Please see the submission form for acceptable files.
3. The artist agrees that they will deliver their selected artwork to Park Central at 3121 N 3rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013 for installation on Wednesday, February 6, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
4. All sales will be handled by Artlink. In the event of a sale Artlink will retain a 10% commission.
5. Application fees are non-refundable, regardless of acceptance.
6. Not all artwork will be accepted. Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered by a jury of experienced arts professionals.
7. Artists will be notified by email. Please do not call for results.
8. Artlink Inc., Park Central ownership and event sponsors are not liable for any damage or theft that may occur to any person or property. Artists will be asked to sign a waiver and may insure their own artwork, as desired.
9. Artist agrees to pick-up selected works from Park Central on Sunday, February 10.
Email with any questions to email@example.com